2" Optolong Ultra High Contrast UHC Nebula Filter for Deep Sky Astrophotography For Sale
This item has been shown 26 times.
2" Optolong Ultra High Contrast UHC Nebula Filter for Deep Sky Astrophotography:
(Ultra High Contrast) broadband filter is designed to improve the
visibility of various deepsky objects. By selectively reducing the
transmission of wavelengths of light pollutants, specifically those
produced by artificial lightings including mercury vapor lamps, both
high & low pressure sodium vapor lights and the unwanted natural
light caused by neutral oxygen emission in our atmosphere (i.e.
Together with the highly transparent in
main nebula emission lines at OIII(496nm and 500nm), H-beta (486nm),
NII(654nm and 658nm), H-alpha(656nm) as well as SII(672nm), the filter
is suitable for enhancing the contrast and details for both visual and
photograghic purpose at sub-rural area with heavy light pollution.
Main Use and Performance
- Suitable for color CCD cameras and unmodified DSLRs
- UHC with narrower passband provides
higher contrast than CLS. Thus it is more suitable for urban environment
where you suffer from severe light pollution.
- UHC has a substantial red passband and offer superb views for objects like the Orion Nebula (M42)
- Light pollution filter do not
eliminate the effects of light pollution or increase the object’s
brightness. In many cases, they increase the contrast between nebula and
night sky, not brightening the nebula.
- WARNING: The
filters of Optolong are not designed for sun observation. DO NOT LOOK
AT THE SUN WITH OPTOLONG FILTER. You would be BLIND if you fail to
observe the warning.
- Schott substrate material
- Thickness 2.0 mm 1.0 mm (Clip series)
- Surface Quality: 60/40 (Refer to polished to ensure accurate 1/4 wavefront and <30 seconds parallelism over the both surfaces
- 95% transmission of main nebula emission lines (i.e. H-alpha 656nm, OIII 496nm and 500nm, SII 672nm and H-beta 486nm
- 0.1% transmission of off-band,
specifically the major emission lines of artificial light pollution
(i.e. Na 589nm, Hg 435nm and 578nm). Transmission of 0.1% is equivalent
to OD3(Optical Density), and a high optical density value indicates very
low transmission, and low optical density indicates high transmission.
- Multi-layers anti-reflection coating
- Non-cementing optical substrate coating
- Electron-beam gun evaporation with
Ion-assisted deposition coating technology for durability and resistance
to scratching, as well as stability on CWL(central wavelength) no
deviation affected by temperature change
- Planetary rotation system offers
precision and homogeneity of coatings ensuring high value on
transmission of pass-band and Optical density of off-band
- Ultra-thin filter cell minimize vignetting by maximize possible clear aperture (clear aperture is 26mm for 1.25”; 45mm for 2”)
- Aerometal Material | Precise CNC
Machining | Sand Blasting Process | Black Anodized Finish | Extinction
Treatment to Prevent Reflection | Laser Engraving No Fading
- Plastic PP Case | Imported High Pressure EVA Case Lining | Silver Cardboard Box | High Density Sponge Carton Lining