2nd Generation Celestron Solar Filter fits Nexstar 8SE; fits many other 8" Tubes For Sale
This item has been shown 9640 times.
2nd Generation Celestron Solar Filter fits Nexstar 8SE; fits many other 8" Tubes:
You are looking at an 8" Full Aperture Solar Filter, now made with Starphire Ultra-Clear Glass!!!
Designed specifically for the Celestron NexStar 8SE (constructed from the OEM dust cap)
- Fits the NexStar 8 & 8SE, CPC800, CPC800 Deluxe, C8-SGT,Edge HD 8" SCT, 8" Evolution and C8-A optical tubes.
Includes a Black Polymer Absorptive Film (OD 5)
- Absorbs 99.999% incoming Solar Radiation (Visible Spectrum)
- Black Polymer is the most common solar filtering material used on telescopes.
- The sun will appear in a natural orange color.
- The Polymer is a product of Thousand Oaks Optical, Arizona. (over 30 years of safe solar filter manufacturing experience)
- Words of the producer: "Stronger than Mylar with the filtering properties protected within the substrate"
The OD Filter is sandwiched between two (2) 8" flats of ⅛" Starphire Glass
- Starphire Ultra-ClearGlass(low iron content)
- Very flat transmittance spectral curve (Visible Spectrum)
- See Spectral Data above
- No greenish tint
- 2 to 3% higher transmittance than ordinary soda-lime (normal iron content) glass
- lets thru more protection against smudges, tears, skin oils, spit, bird droppings etc.
- simply clean the glass!!!
- the filter stays in pristine condition
Strong, solid and sturdy construction.
Assembled by hand, in the USA!
Ready right out of the box.
Shipping to the lower 48 ONLY!NOTE:If interested in Celestron 4", 5", 6", 9" or 11"; please contact me for a quote!
Returns and DOA's:
NO RETURNS ACCEPTED!!!
DEAD ON ARRIVAL shipments MUST be reported to Seller within24 hours of confirmed delivery Date and Time!!