8" to 13.1" Optimized Primary Mirror Cell Kit For Sale
This item has been shown 1591 times.
8" to 13.1" Optimized Primary Mirror Cell Kit:
Each AstroGoods.com mirror cell is custom designed to match your mirror's specifications for optimal support and best performance.
Importance Of Support Optimization: Properly designed support pad position for your mirror minimizes stresses (deformation) on the glass. We design mirror cells individually to achieve its best performance based on its unique dimensions.
This is a Kit Cell: Arrives assembled, 80 grit rough sanded, and are unpainted. You fine sand and paint. We also offer a finished version.
To design and optimize your cell, we'll ask you for these specifications:
1. Mirror diameter.
2. Mirror thickness.
3. Mirror focal length or ratio.
4. Secondary mirror size.
5. Telescope tube inside diameter.
Our Specifications for your mirror cell:
1. Made of CNC cut 18mm 11-ply laminate Baltic Birch plywood for excellent rigidity and lightweight.
2. Mirror/front plate supported securely by three 120 lb rated (60 lbs compressed halfway) springs with 0.375" riding over bolts inside.
3. Mirror plate front surface to rear of back plate surface dimension: 2.25".
4. Collimation knobs length from back plate: 0.9375"
5. Total front to back compressed measurement: 3.1875".
6. Cell has 6 point support with the mirror 0.125 above the top plate.
7. Mirror is secured with rounded mirror clips 0.125" above and extending 0.50" over mirror surface.
8. Three heavy duty closed and flattened compression spring on 0.375" bolts between plates for rigidity.
9. Cell mounting through 0.25" holes through the back plate spokes.
10. Cell back plate accepts a cooling fan.
11. Weights vary based on size and design from approximately 1.0 lb. to 1.5 lbs.