Astromania 1.25" Superior Quality Multiple 9-Position Filter Wheel For Telescope For Sale
This item has been shown 29 times.
Astromania 1.25" Superior Quality Multiple 9-Position Filter Wheel For Telescope:
- New Arrivals
- Add to Favorite
- View response
Astromania 1.25" Superior Quality Multiple 9-Position Filter Wheel For Telescope - allowing you to image without any reflections or stray light
- This 1.25" filter wheel lets you use up to 9 different filters and change them within a couple of seconds.
- Open the filter wheel and screw up to 9 different filters into it, you can also leave the filters mounted in the filter wheel, where they are optimally protected from dust and damage.
- The handy rotary wheel offers you incredibly fast switching between up to 9 different filters. Each filter position is designated by a number.
- The telescope side of the filter wheel comes supplied with a 1.25" adapter, allowing you to quickly and easily attach it to your focuser.
- The filter wheel interior is absolutely light-tight - allowing you to image without any reflections or stray light.
Astromania 1.25" Filter Wheel - change your filter in seconds
This 1.25" filter wheel lets you use up to 9 different filters and change them within a couple of seconds -your filters are always remain ready to use, whether for photography or visual observing. Use the filter wheel with UHC, OII, CLS and other filters, for example - this will let you quickly and easily find the best filter when visually observing.
Space for up to 9 filters - which are also well protected
Open the filter wheel and screw up to 9 different filters into it. These can be RGB and luminance filters for astrophotography or wide-band and narrow-band filters for visual observing. You can also leave the filters mounted in the filter wheel, where they are optimally protected from dust and damage.
Simply rotate to change filter
Imagine you have a camera mounted on your telescope and have to switch between different filters as quickly as possible. This is only possible using a filter wheel. The handy rotary wheel offers you incredibly fast switching between up to 9 different filters. Each filter position is designated by a number, so you know which filter is currently in the beam path.
- Use the supplied hex key to unthread the four socket head screws of the back panel of the filter wheel assembly. Be sure to place the screws in a safe place so they do not become lost. Once four screws have been removed, gently separate the back plate from the filter wheel. Install the 1.25" filters of your choice into the tray simply by threading them into the filter tray. You may wish to note the number designation of each installed filter for convenient reference during use. You may find it useful to leave one of the nine threaded filter locations empty, providing an unfiltered option for viewing or imaging. Once you have installed all the filters you wish to use, carefully place the filter tray back into the wheel assembly. Be sure the small plastic tab fully registers with the central hole of the wheel assembly so that it “clicks” into place. Position the rear plate so that the opening is aligned with the opening of the front plate. Complete installation by reattaching the rear plate of the filter wheel assembly with the socket head screws.
- If you are installing an individual filter or swapping one filter for another, you can avoid partial disassembly of the filter wheel. To install an individual filter, unthread the 1.25" nosepiece from the assembly to expose the internal filter tray. Rotate the tray so the desired filter location is shown. Install the 1.25" filter by placing it on the filter tray and rotating it clockwise with your fingertips. Astromania 1.25" filters feature a knurled rim which will prove helpful for this type of installation. Be careful not to touch the actual filter surface. Note: individual filter installation without disassembly may not be convenient for all users, especially those with large fingers!
Filter Wheel Configurations
Attaching an Eyepiece:
For visual use, you will need to attach the 1.25" eyepiece adapter (Not Include) to the Multiple Filter Wheel. To do this, thread the 1.25" adapter onto the back plate of the wheel assembly. Once the adapter is completely attached, unscrew the knurled thumbscrew until it is flush with the inside surface of the adapter and insert a 1.25" eyepiece. Secure the eyepiece by tightening the thumbscrew.
Attaching a digital imager:
If you are using a digital imager that features T-threads, you can attach it directly to the Multiple Filter Wheel. If your digital imager has a 1.25" nosepiece, remove it to expose the T-threads. Now simply thread the imager onto the camera adapter, and then thread the adapter onto the rear plate of the filter wheel assembly. You can lock your camera or digital imager in a preferred position by using the camera adapter's locking ring. Once you have positioned your camera or imager, rotate the knurled locking ring counter clockwise until it locks the camera or imager into place.
Attaching a Camera:
The Multiple Filter Wheel can be extremely useful for astro-imaging with a camera body, be it a SLR camera, CCD, or CMOS device. To attach a SLR camera to the filter wheel, use the included camera adapter and an optional T-ring for your SLR model. Attach the side of the camera adapter without the knurled lock ring to the rear plate of the wheel assembly by rotating it clockwise until tight. Now thread your SLR camera T-ring onto the exposed T threads. Note: The filter wheel arrives with the camera adapter preinstalled.
Parts List and Care/Storage:
Feel free to leave your 1.25" filters installed in the wheel during storage. To avoid excessive dust buildup, be sure to attach the dustcaps prior to storing, and use a foam-lined accessory case. The foam-lined box your Multiple Filter Wheel arrives in also acts as a convenient storage container. Simply unthread the 1.25" nosepiece from the filter wheel and place the wheel and nosepiece in the diecut foam. If you have the 1.25" eyepiece adapter (Not Include) installed, unthread it and replace with the T-thread ring. Now you can safely store your filter wheel without worrying about dust build-up on your filters.
- Filter Wheel
- 1.25" Nosepiece
- Hexagon Wrench
- Camera Adapter
- Rotation Lock Ring
- Threaded End-cap (For Storage)
We offer the best prices around on high quality products. Our E-store includes media such as books, movies, music and games while offering electronics, toys, sporting apparel, clothing, tools, general home, garden items and more.
We are always working hard to ensure your package arrives as soon as possible. Please understand that some factors like weather, high postal traffic, and the performance of shipping companies are outside of our control.
We offer free shipping to the lower 48 states and ship within 3 business days of payment, usually sooner. We do not accept P.O. Boxes. Please provide a physical address.
For shipping outside of the continental USA, we only use 's Global Shipping Program.The item is shipped to KY and then sent to the rest of the world. International customers are responsible for all duties and taxes. Continue to check out in order to calculate costs for shipping the item to your country. Messages regarding 's Global Shipping Program MUST be directed at EXCLUSIVELY.
We offer a 30-Day Return Policy on items which you are not completely satisfied with. You have the option for a full-refund, buyer pays for the return label.
We accept PayPal.
This page content is yet to come
Please ad us to your favorite seller and visit again later
We try our very best to make sure every customer is completely satisfied. If there's a problem, message us! We're happy to help.
Copyright © 2019 All Rights Reserved