Baader Planetarium 1.25" Classic Plossl Eyepiece - 32mm # BCP-32 2954132 For Sale
This item has been shown 86 times.
Baader Planetarium 1.25" Classic Plossl Eyepiece - 32mm # BCP-32 2954132:
Baader Planetarium 1.25" Classic Plossl Eyepiece - 32mm # BCP-32 2954132
Description Ordering Info USA Shipping International Orders Returns Our store
1. PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
- High-contrast Plossl design with 32 mm focal length enables high-contrast viewing of Moon and planets
- Fully multi-coated air-to-glass surfaces to improve brightness and contrast
- Recessed volcano top provides clearance for eyelashes and enables comfortable viewing
- Integrated winged folding rubber eyecup eliminates distracting stray side-light
- 50-degree apparent field of view makes it easier to find and center objects
- Long eye relief and comfortable viewing position make eyepiece ideal for binoviewers
Even before the disappearance of the famed Baader Genuine Orthoscopics in mid-2012, Baader Planetarium sought to develop a set of true Planetary eyepieces that was accessible for any amateur - without breaking their bank. Foregoing fancy (and costly) cosmetics, the new Classic Eyepieces deliver where it counts - performance. Their sharpness and contrast rival other 'planetary' eyepieces costing much more. To achieve this performance and value, Baader drew upon their extensive in-house knowledge and experience, combined with optical designs and processes leveraged from Zeiss.
Features of the new Classic Eyepieces:
- Optical design and manufacturing specs based on the highly regarded Zeiss Jena 0.965" orthoscopics (not any Japanese or Chinese makes).
- Fully multi-coated: All air-to-glass surfaces are coated with Baader's HT MultiCoatings, specifically matched to each substrate.
- Excellent ergonomics: The innovative recessed volcano top provides clearance for eyelashes and enables a comfortably located eyepoint without the stray light problems of a full volcano top.
- Integrated winged folding rubber eyecup: Eliminates distracting stray side-light, enabling full concentration on the object, as well as providing a thermally insulating and soft non-scratching top surface (ie, for eyeglass wearers). Also outstanding for BinoViewing. Rubber eyecup may be folded down or removed, if needed .
- 50-deg apparent field of view: Makes finding and centering objects at high powers easier than typical 40-45deg eyepieces.
- The 32mm Classic Plossl also includes a slip-on eyeguard extension tube to permit positioning the eyeguard farther back, for use with the barlow lens, or if the user prefers a shorter eye relief.
- Blackened lens edges; Parfocal.
- Threaded to accept standard 1.25" astronomy filters.
Note: Occasionally, the product you receive might have a slightly different cosmetic appearance or labeling than what is shown. This can often change from batch to batch according to the whims of the manufacturer. However, you will always receive a brand new, original product as described above.
Back to Top