Celestron - PowerSeeker 114EQ Telescope - Manual German Equatorial Telescope for For Sale
This item has been shown 14 times.
Celestron - PowerSeeker 114EQ Telescope - Manual German Equatorial Telescope for:
Celestron - PowerSeeker 114EQ Telescope - Manual German Equatorial Telescope for Beginners - Compact and Portable - BONUS Astronomy Software Package - 114mm Aperture
Size:114EQ Newtonian Product Description
Whether you’re an amateur astronomer or becoming more comfortable with using a telescope, you’ll love the technology and user-friendly features packed into Celestron’s PowerSeeker Newtonian Reflector telescope. The Celestron PowerSeeker 114EQ is a powerful yet easy-to-use telescope. Our PowerSeeker Series telescopes for astronomy beginners have been designed with a combination of value, quality, power, and user-friendly features. They are built to enhance the experience for beginners but are also exceptional for mid-level experienced astronomers. This 114EQ telescope features powerful magnification and easy-to-use controls that allow users to obtain crisp views of the Moon, the rings of Saturn, and Jupiter’s Galilean moons.
The telescope’s sturdy and durable German Equatorial mount and slow-motion rod deliver smooth and accurate pointing. Move the slow-motion altitude rod in an up/down fashion to pinpoint and track your object. The 3x Barlow lens is added to triple the magnification power of the included 20mm and 4mm eyepieces. We’ve included an accessory tray to store accessories conveniently and a free download of our BONUS Starry Night Basic Edition astronomy software with information on 36,000 celestial objects, printable sky maps, and more. The software can be used on your Mac, PC or laptop. It’s the best way to learn about the night sky and plan your next observing session. Additional accessories include a tripod.
You can purchase this Celestron telescope with confidence from the world’s #1 telescope brand, based in California since 1960. You’ll also receive a 2-year and unlimited access to technical support from our team of US-based experts.
Tom Johnson founded Celestron in 1960 after building a telescope to share the night sky with his sons. Since then, Celestron has established itself as the world’s #1 telescope brand. Celestron telescopes are used by scientists in world-class research observatories and even aboard the International Space Station.
I love bargains, so I was eager to try out Celestron's new Powerseeker 114 Newtonian reflector telescope. With its 4.5-inch mirror, Celestron's Powerseeker 114 gathers three times more starlight than popular 60mm refractors. The Powerseeker package includes two eyepieces (K20 and SR4), a plastic 3x barlow, and a lightweight equatorial mount.
Optically, the Powerseeker 114 holds its own when compared with my . Using the K20 eyepiece included as standard equipment, about 45x magnification, it's easy to see the Andromeda Galaxy and its smaller satellite galaxy M32. When compared to 60mm refractors, the Powerseeker 114 brings out much more detail in the Orion Nebula, reveals many more stars in Perseus' Double Cluster and even brings out a few individual stars in globular clusters like M13. Saturn looks quite small at 45x with the K20 eyepiece, but using my own (120x) I can easily detect the shadow cast by the planet on the rings, and even glimpse the ring's Cassini Division. When the mirrors are properly lined up or "collimated," the images are reasonably sharp up to magnifications of 225x. I find a helps get this fine tuning just right.
As good as the optics are, however, the effect of cost-cutting shows up in the mechanical components. The focuser is plastic, the finder scope is plastic, the rings that attach the telescope to the tripod are plastic. Even when the tripod legs are clamped at their shortest setting, the telescope wobbles when I try to focus at higher magnifications. Celestron's instruction manual correctly recommends that most viewing be done in the range of 40x to 130x. So what about that 675x magnification proclaimed on the box? I'd say it's not worth the trouble.
Overall, the Celestron Powerseeker 114 is a budget priced telescope with good optical performance, especially when using the low power K20 eyepiece. If you're willing to spend a little more money, either Orion's or Celestron's will give you a sturdier mount, an improved finder scope, and better eyepieces. Also, for about the price of the Powerseeker 114, I like the dependable refractor design of Celestron's . --Jeff Phillips
- Low cost
- Good optics
- Serviceable K20 eyepiece
- Wobbly mount
- Difficult to collimate
- Plastic finder and focuser
- PERFECT BEGINNERS TELESCOPE: The Celestron PowerSeeker 114EQ is an easy-to-use and powerful telescope. The PowerSeeker series is designed to give the first-time telescope user the perfect combination of quality, value, features, and power.
- MANUAL GERMAN EQUATORIAL MOUNT: Navigate the sky with our Newtonian Reflector telescope. It features a German Equatorial mount with a slow-motion altitude rod for smooth and accurate pointing. Adjust rod to desired position, then easily secure by tightening cross knob.
- COMPACT AND PORTABLE: This telescope for s and kids to be used together is compact, lightweight, and portable. Take the telescope to your favorite campsite or dark sky observing site, or simply the backyard.
- MULTIPLE ACCESSORIES: The Celestron PowerSeeker 80EQ Telescope features 2 eyepieces (20mm and 4mm), finderscope, plus a 3x Barlow lens to triple the power of each. Accessories also include a FREE download of one of the top consumer rated astronomy software programs.
- UNBEATABLE AND CUSTOMER SUPPORT: Buy with confidence from the world’s #1 telescope brand, based in California since 1960. You’ll also receive a 2-year and unlimited access to technical support from our team of US-based experts.
Dimensions Shipping Returns Additional Info
- Product Dimensions: Length: 16.0in Width: 10.0in Height: 37.0in Weight: 19.0 pounds
- Package Dimensions: Weight: 24.6 pounds
- Fast shipping is very important for us.
Our standard shipping service is FREE.
Your order will be shipped within 2-3 business days upon full payment received.
Your order will be delivered within 2-3 business days after the handling time.
We are shipping only to USA.
We only ship to the confirmed Paypal address. We reserve the right to cancel any order for any reason at any time.
We are not responsible for undeliverable addresses.
- We offer a 30 day return policy from checkout winning date.
An RMA number is required for all returns. Message us for return instructions. Items returned without a RMA number will not be processed.
Items defective upon receipt must be packaged in their retail packaging as if new and returned with a detailed description of the problem.
Return shipping fees are not refundable.
We reserve the right to decline any returns if the above guidelines are not followed.
- All of our items, unless otherwise stated, will only run on 120 volts. Please check to make sure your country complies with these specifications.
If you have a problem or question regarding your transaction please contact us before leaving any type of response. We will work with you to resolve any problem you may have.