Celestron NexStar 130SLT Newtonian Reflector- computerized telescope. For Sale
This item has been shown 402 times.
Celestron NexStar 130SLT Newtonian Reflector- computerized telescope.:
For astronomers taking their first stargazing night in a non light polluted location, it can be tough to align the scope. Luckily, Celestron has implemented a few different alignment options in the Celestron NexStar 130SLT computerized telescope. The one that probably comes most in handy for the beginner is the sky align method. No knowledge of the night sky is required. All the user must enter into the NexStar hand controller is the location, time and date. Then they must slew and center the telescope to three bright stars (or planets) and the software can calculate the axis and coordinates between each selection and determine what stars were selected. Basically, the telescope aligns itself! Once properly aligned, the observer has a 4,000 object database to slew through! These include Messier objects, NGC, IC as well as the planets. The observer can also control their Celestron NexStar 130SLT computerized telescope with a computer using the optional RS-232 cable. The NexStar contoller software can be updated via flash whenever software updates become available.
- Compatible with 2" eyepieces
- High quality 130 mm reflector
- Fully computerized Altazimuth mount
- StarPointer finderscope to help with alignment and accurately locating objects
- Quick-release fork arm mount, optical tube and accessory tray for quick no tool set up
- Sturdy stainless steel tripod and accessory tray included
- “TheSkyX – First Light Edition” astronomy software with a 10,000 object database, printable sky maps and 75 enhanced images