Celestron StarSense Explorer LT 114AZ Newtonian Reflector Telescope For Sale
Celestron StarSense Explorer LT 114AZ Newtonian Reflector Telescope:
VISIT OUR EBAY STORECelestron StarSense Explorer LT 114AZ Newtonian Reflector TelescopeCondition: Brand New in Original PackagingSKU: 22452-CELESTRONFeatures
- 114mm (4.5 inches) Newtonian reflector optical tube
- Focal length of 1000mm (39.3 inches)
- Focal ratio of f/9
- Altazimuth mount with slow motion control rod
- StarSense dock for your smartphone
- Includes 25mm and 10mm eyepieces
- 2x Barlow lens to double the power of each eyepiece
- StarPointer red dot finderscope
- Works with StarSense Explorer app
- Full-height tripod with an accessory tray
Unleash the power of your smartphone to take you on a guided tour of the night sky—no telescope experience required. Patent-pending StarSense sky recognition technology uses your smartphone to analyze star patterns overhead and calculate its position in real time. StarSense Explorer app automatically generates a list of objects currently visible. View planets, brighter nebulae and galaxies, star clusters, and double stars from the city or take your telescope to darker skies to view faint, deep sky objects. StarSense Explorer works with most modern smartphones, including iPhone 6 and up and most devices running Android 7.1.2 or later manufactured since 2016.
Manual Telescope Ideal for Beginners
Celestron has reinvented the manual telescope with StarSense Explorer that uses your smartphone to analyze the night sky and calculate its position in real time. StarSense Explorer is ideal for beginners thanks to the app’s user-friendly interface and detailed tutorials. It’s like having your own personal tour guide of the night sky. Manual altazimuth mount with smooth, dual-axis slow-motion controls makes it easy to follow the on-screen arrows to your desired target. When the bullseye turns green, it’s ready to view in the telescope’s eyepiece. The Celestron StarSense Explorer Telescope comes with a 114mm (4.5 inches) Newtonian reflector with highly reflective coatings and enough light gathering ability to view all the best celestial objects.
Sturdy Altazimuth Mount
StarSense Explorer LT’s simple altazimuth mount makes it easy to move the telescope to find your target. A slow-motion altitude adjustment knob helps you fine tune the telescope’s pointing position and follow targets as they appear to drift across the night sky. It’s all anchored by an adjustable, full-height tripod.
Dazzling Views with High Quality Optics
With a large 114mm (4.5 inches) objective lens, this telescope has enough light gathering ability to bring out detail in celestial objects. You can expect sharp, bright views of Jupiter’s four Galilean moons, its cloud bands and Great Red Spot, the rings of Saturn, the trapezium in the Orion Nebula, and beautiful Pleaides Open Star Cluster.
StarSense Sky Recognition Technology
StarSense Explorer uses patent-pending technology and your smartphone to determine exactly where the telescope is pointed in the night sky. Utilizing a Lost in Space Algorithm (LISA), similar to the ones used by in-orbit satellites to correctly reorient themselves, helps the app match star patterns it detects overhead to its internal database.
Dock, Launch, Explore
Leave complicated star charts, imprecise planetarium apps, and computerized mounts behind. With StarSense Explorer, locating objects has never been easier, faster, or more accurate. Within minutes of setting up the telescope, you’ll be navigating the sky with confidence. Simply place your phone in the unique StarSense dock and launch the StarSense Explorer app. After aligning your phone to the telescope’s optics (a quick, 2-minute procedure), StarSense Explorer generates a list of celestial objects currently visible. Make your selection and arrows appear onscreen, guiding you as you to move the telescope.
Perfect for the City or Dark Sky Sites
Even if you live in a light polluted city location, StarSense Explorer is advanced enough to be able to pick out Jupiter, Saturn, Venus, the Orion Nebula, double stars, and a few more of the most famous celestial objects. But if you can take the telescope to an even slightly darker location, more objects will become visible. With this 4.5-inch Newtonian Optical Tube and relatively dark skies, the Andromeda Galaxy, Hercules Open Star Cluster, and so many more are easily within your reach.
What's in the Box
- 114mm Newtonian Reflector Optical Tube
- Altazimuth Mount/Tripod (Preassembled)
- 25mm and 10mm Eyepieces
- 2x Barlow Lens
- StarPointer Finderscope
- Accessory Tray
- StarSense Explorer Phone Dock
Celestron StarSense Explorer LT 114AZ Smartphone App-Enabled Newtonian Reflector Telescope
- Optical design: Newtonian reflector
- Aperture: 114mm (4.5 inches)
- Focal length: 1000mm (39.3 inches)
- Focal ratio: f/9
- Focal length of eyepiece 1: 25mm (0.98 inch)
- Magnification of eyepiece 1: 40x
- Focal length of eyepiece 2: 10mm (0.39 inch)
- Magnification of eyepiece 2: 100x
- Barlow lens: 2x (1.25 inch)
- Finderscope: StarPointer red dot finderscope
- Optical tube: Steel
- Highest useful magnification: 269x
- Lowest useful magnification: 16x
- Limiting stellar magnitude: 12.8
- Resolution (Rayleigh): 1.22 arc seconds
- Resolution (Dawes): 1.02 arc seconds
- Light gathering power (compared to human eye): 265x
- Secondary mirror obstruction: 44mm (1.73 inches)
- Secondary mirror obstruction by diameter: 38%
- Secondary mirror obstruction by area: 14%
- Optical coatings: Glass mirrors coated with aluminum and SiO2
- Optical tube length: 609.6mm (24 inches)
- Optical tube diameter: 147mm (5.78 inches)
- Optical tube weight: 6.6 lb (2.99 kg)
- Dovetail: None
- Mount type: Manual Alt-Azimuth
- Height adjustment range (includes mount and tripod): Aluminum, 1320.8mm (52 inches) max height
- Tripod leg diameter: 31.75mm (1.25 inches) steel
- Accessory tray: Yes
- Tripod weight: 3.8 lb (1.72 kg)
- Slew speeds: Manual
- GPS: Uses phone's GPS
- Dovetail compatibility: CG-5 Dovetail bar
- Power requirements: None (Recommend PowerTank Glow to keep phone charged while using app)
- Alignment procedures: Use StarSense Explorer app
- Software: StarSense Explorer app | SkyPortal app | Celestron Starry Night Basic Edition Software
- Total kit weight: 10.4 lb (4.71 kg)
Shipping for this item is free in the Continental US Lower 48 states only. Shipping Fees include all handling & insurance.
- For Domestic Shipping to the Lower 48 States: All shipping prices include shipping, handling and insurance (if necessary).
- For Domestic Shipping to Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, US Territories, APO & FPO: For many items to these destinations there will be an additional shipping fee. The shipping costs may be calculated on the Shipping and Payments tab by entering your Zip Code. Free shipping is for the lower 48 only
- For International Shipments: All international orders are managed through eBay's Global Shipping Program. Please see the Shipping Tab for full costs.
- Hotels: Unfortunately at this time we do not ship to hotels.
Paypal: PayPal is our preferred method of payment for all of our eBay sales. For customer service please contact us through eBay Messages
Immediate payment via PayPal is required for all Buy It Now items. For all Best Offers, payment is required within 3 days. If you need special arrangements, please contact us through eBay messages. After your order has been shipped, you will receive an e-mail with the name of the carrier and the tracking number.
Returns are permitted if you are not satisfied with your purchase and must be initiated by the buyer within 30 days from delivery date.
For Domestic Purchases:
If you are not satisfied with your purchase, you may return it (see exceptions in Paragraph F below), within 30 days of receipt, for a refund or replacement - subject to the following:
a) Contact us through eBay messages or the returns link to receive a Returned Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number to ensure proper handling of the return and/or replacement.
b) In order to be eligible for a full refund, less shipping expenses, your returned merchandise must be in its original new condition, as shipped, with all packaging, manuals, and paperwork intact and unaltered. Items which have been opened are returnable, however they will carry a restocking fee.
c) Customers remain responsible for the shipping and handling expenses incurred in shipping the item to them. If an item is offered with "Free Shipping," this means we are paying the freight on your behalf. If that product is returned for a refund, the shipping expenses incurred, will be deducted from the refund. If an item is refused, the carrier bills us for shipping both ways, and these expenses incurred on your behalf need to be deducted from your refund
d) All returns are subject to inspection. Products returned must be in brand new condition, as per Paragraph b), if not, it may be deemed non-refundable or will be subject to at least a 15% restocking fee. If your return is missing accessory components, or shows signs of wear - restocking fees will be higher. For specific restocking fees that may be applicable to your return, please contact us through eBay messages.
e) Returns should be packed in an outer shipping carton, not just the original box/packing of the product. The RMA# should be clearly inscribed on the shipping label. A copy of your invoice and Order # should be included, and your return should be insured, with shipping costs pre-paid. We cannot accept any COD shipments.
f) There are product categories which are not returnable due to hygienic or sanitary as required by manufacturers. If your items is a consumable good or is has been locked by a manufacturer such as Apple or HP the return will not be accepted
For Warranty information, merchandise lost / any other issues in transit, or order cancellations, please contact us through eBay Messages. In an event where there is an error regarding a price error or description, we will notify you ASAP. In this event there will be no obligation to proceed with the purchase. Any amount charged to the customer will be 100% refunded.
For International Purchases:
Returns will be accepted within 30 days of the receipt of the item. In order to be eligible for a refund your returned merchandise must be in its original unopened condition, as shipped, with all packaging, manuals, and paperwork intact and unaltered. Items removed from their 'blister-pack' display packaging are non-refundable.
International Buyers must pay return shipping via the same method originally shipped.
We strive for every transaction to be five stars!
Please let us know how we can make yours a five-star rated one too!
Our goal is to make sure you are customer 100% satisfied with your order. When you receive your order take a minute to leave us positive feedback at eBay. If you are not satisfied with any part of our service we please contact us to allow us correct the problem, prior to leaving your feedback. Please send us a message through eBay and let us know how we can earn your 5 stars!
If you have any questions or comments, please contact us through eBay message.