Celestron Telescope NexStar 8 SE Schmidt Cassegrain Sturdy Tripod Classic 11069 For Sale
This item has been shown 85 times.
Celestron Telescope NexStar 8 SE Schmidt Cassegrain Sturdy Tripod Classic 11069:
- New Arrivals
- Add to Favorite
- View response
Celestron Telescope NexStar 8 SE Schmidt Cassegrain Sturdy Tripod Classic 11069
- Nexstar computerized telescope: The NexStar 8SE Computerized Telescope features Celestron’s iconic orange tube design with updated technology and the latest features for amazing stargazing for beginners and experienced observers.
- 8-Inch aperture: The eight-inch primary mirror in this Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope for adults and kids to be used together packs enough light-gathering ability to observe the best that our Solar System has to offer, while retaining a compact form factor. Compatible with starsense technology, Wifi
- Fully-automated go to mount: Featuring a database of more than 40,000 celestial objects, the go to mount built into our telescopes for astronomy beginners automatically locates and tracks objects for you.
- Easy to assemble and break down: The single fork arm design and sturdy steel tripod all assemble and break down from separate components for easy transportation. SkyAlign technology gets your telescope aligned and ready in minutes.
- Bonus free starry night software: The NexStar 8SE Telescope includes a free download of one of the top consumer rated astronomy software programs for an interactive sky simulation.
- Unbeatable and customer support: Buy with confidence from the world’s #1 telescope brand, based in California since 1960. You’ll also receive a two-year and unlimited access to technical support from our team of US-based experts.
Style:NexStar 8SE Computerized Telescope | Configuration:Telescope Only
The best telescope is the one used often to enjoy the beauty and intrigue of the night sky. For those searching for telescopes for astronomy beginners that are infused with the latest computer technology, Celestron’s NexStar 8SE Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope fits the bill perfectly. The NexStar 8SE Computerized Telescope features Celestron’s iconic “orange tube” design and updated technology with the latest features for amazing stargazing for beginners and experienced observers. Celestron’s signature telescope combines advanced features and excellent optics in one easy-to-use system, the NexStar 8SE. It’s the perfect choice for your first serious telescope, offering striking views at an economical price.
The eight-inch primary mirror in this computerized telescope packs enough light-gathering ability to observe the best that our Solar System has to offer, from Saturn’s rings to the cloud bands on Jupiter and geographic features on the surface of the Moon. When it comes to deep sky objects, take your 8SE to a dark-sky site and you’ll see hundreds of pinpoint stars in the Hercules Globular Cluster, the spiral arms of the Whirlpool Galaxy, and more. Featuring a database of more than 40,000 celestial objects, the 8SE’s GoTo mount automatically locates and tracks objects for you. You can also take a Sky Tour and let your telescope show you the best objects currently visible. The single fork arm design and sturdy steel tripod all assemble and break down from separate components for easy transportation. SkyAlign technology gets your telescope aligned and ready to observe in minutes. Even if you’re unfamiliar with the night sky, you can easily align your telescope on any 3 bright objects.
The NexStar 8SE is a telescope that will grow with you as you advance in the hobby of astronomy. It’s compatible with all the high-tech accessories advanced users love. Provide GPS coordinates to your telescope with SkySync, or add automatic alignment functionality with StarSense AutoAlign.
Buy with confidence from the world’s #1 telescope brand, based in California since 1960. You’ll also receive a two-year and unlimited access to technical support from our team of US-based experts.
Review Celestron's Nexstar 8 SE telescope combines excellent optics and computerized "GoTo" tracking in a package that's light, portable and affordable. The legendary performance of Celestron's orange tube C8 telescope has been updated with high performance Starbright XLT coatings, and the single arm Nexstar mount now includes Celestron's easy to use "SkyAlign" technology.
The Nexstar 8 SE upholds Celestron's reputation for quality optics. When I use an 11mm Plossl eyepiece (almost 200x magnification) for example, I can easily see the Cassini Division in Saturn's rings. When I look at Jupiter, the pale orange color of Jupiter's famous Great Red Spot is visible, and I've even been able to identify the polar caps and spot dust storms on the planet Mars. A 20mm Plossl eyepiece (about 100x magnification) is a good choice for viewing galaxies and star clusters. When I look at globular cluster M13 in the constellation Hercules the high contrast XLT optics show me a glowing snowflake made of hundreds of tiny pin-point stars! And a low power 32mm Plossl eyepiece is a good choice for views of larger deep space highlights like the Andromeda Galaxy and the Orion Nebula.
Celestron's patented "SkyAlign" system makes the Nexstar 8 SE very easy to use. I just pick the nearest town from the built-in list, enter the date and time, and point the telescope at three bright stars. I don't need a star chart because "SkyAlign" identifies the stars for me. When I just want a quick look at the moon or a planet, I like to use the "Solar System Align" option. After entering the date and time, I just point the telescope at the moon and press the "Align" key. That's all it takes, the computer takes over and the telescope begins tracking quietly and accurately. At star parties I often have my Nexstar up and running while older computerized telescopes are still waiting for their alignment stars to appear in the twilight.
The Nexstar 8 SE comes with a simple red-dot finder scope and a basic 25mm eyepiece. You'll want to add a few good eyepieces to take full advantage of the Nexstar 8 SE's excellent optics. At the very least get Celestron's bargain priced Accessory Kit which includes high and low power plossl eyepieces, or treat yourself to some top rated Tele Vue eyepieces. At twenty-four pounds total weight, the Nexstar 8 SE is unusually light and portable for an eight-inch telescope. The drawback of course is that some people will find it too light. Like other Schmidt Cassegrain (SCT) telescopes there are plenty of optional accessories to upgrade this telescope with, such as heavy duty tripods and an optical finder scope. If you want to try astro-photography, however, check out Celestron's CPC 800 Telescope which features a heavy duty mount and tripod and an 8x50 optical finder scope right out of the box. --Jeff Phillips
- Excellent optics
- Easy computerized GoTo tracking
- Light, portable and affordable
- Plastic accessories
- Short battery life
- Too light for astro-photography
From the Manufacturer
The largest of the NexStar SE family with 78% more light gathering than a 6-inch model, the NexStar 8 SE will enable you to see deep into the Universe. The distinctive patented fork arm with ergonomically designed integrated hand control cradle gives solid support to Celestron's classic 8-inch optics. The NexStar 8 SE features Schmidt-Cassegrain 8-inch aperture optics with our premium StarBright XLT coatings and a powerful 2,032mm focal length and f10 focal ratio.
About the NexStar SE Series:
NexStar 8 SE Features:
The NexStar 8 SE has all the same features as Celestron's most advanced computerized GoTo telescopes, including our revolutionary SkyAlign alignment technology, a sky tour feature, a database of over 40,000 celestial objects, and easy-to-use hand control.
Plug the optional CN-16 GPS accessory into NexStar's auxiliary port and download data from orbiting GPS satellites for truly quick and easy alignments. The universe may be full of mysteries, but using the NexStar 8 SE isn't one of them.
In the tradition of Celestron's famous orange optical tubes, the NexStar SE Family combines the classic heritage of the original orange tube telescopes with state-of-the-art features including a fully computerized operating system, flash upgradeable hand control, our superior StarBright XLT coatings, our revolutionary SkyAlign telescope alignment software, and much more.
Whether you are a seasoned astronomer looking for a portable scope with advanced features, or just starting your astronomy adventure and looking for an easy way to enjoy the night sky, a NexStar SE will help you take a closer look.
Every NexStar SE includes a version of The Sky software Level 1 Planetarium software for exploring the Universe on your PC and printing out custom star charts of the sky. In addition, you receive our NexRemote software that allows you to operate your telescope via your PC. This software package, valued at over $100, is included free with your NexStar SE!
- 8-inch Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope
- SE combines the classic heritage of the original orange tube telescopes with the latest state-of-the-art features
- StarBright XLT high transmission coatings come standard
- Quick release fork arm mount, optical tube, and accessory tray for no-tool setup
- Celestron's unique patented single fork arm with integral hand control design provides a rigid and smooth operating structure for the optical tube
- StarPointer finderscope to help with alignment and accurately locating objects
- Sturdy computerized altazimuth mount
- Ultra sturdy steel tripod with accessory tray
- Star diagonal provides more comfortable viewing position when observing objects that are high in the sky
- Proven NexStar computer control technology
- 40,000 object database with 200 user-definable objects and expanded information on over 200 objects
- SkyAlign allows you to align on any three bright celestial objects, making for a fast and easy alignment process
- Flash upgradeable hand control software and motor control units for downloading product updates over the Internet
- Custom database lists of all the most famous deep-sky objects by name and catalog number; the most beautiful double, triple, and quadruple stars; variable star; solar systems; objects and asterisms
- DC Servo motors with encoders on both axes
- Autoguider port for long exposure astrophotography
- Double line, 16-character liquid crystal display hand control with backlit LED buttons for easy operation of go-to features
- NexRemote telescope control software and RS-232 cable included for advanced control of your telescope via computer
- GPS-compatible with optional CN16 GPS accessory (93963)
We offer the best prices around on high quality products. Our E-store includes media such as books, movies, music and games while offering electronics, toys, sporting apparel, clothing, tools, general home, garden items and more.
We are always working hard to ensure your package arrives as soon as possible. Please understand that some factors like weather, high postal traffic, and the performance of shipping companies are outside of our control.
We offer free shipping to the lower 48 states and ship within 2 business days of payment, usually sooner. We do not accept P.O. Boxes. Please provide a physical address.
For shipping outside of the continental USA, we only use 's Global Shipping Program.The item is shipped to KY and then sent to the rest of the world. International customers are responsible for all duties and taxes. Continue to check out in order to calculate costs for shipping the item to your country. Messages regarding 's Global Shipping Program MUST be directed at EXCLUSIVELY.
We offer a 30-Day Return Policy on items which you are not completely satisfied with. You have the option for a full- or an exchange of the item. No returns are available on items shipped outside of the USA.
We accept PayPal.
This page content is yet to come
Please ad us to your favorite seller and visit again later
We try our very best to make sure every customer is completely satisfied. If there's a problem, message us! We're happy to help.
Copyright © 2017 AutoDs. | All Rights Reserved