OTI QUANTUM 4 VINTAGE ANTIQUE TELESCOPE | MAKSUTOV CASSEGRAIN + CASE ACCESSORIES For Sale
This item has been shown 502 times.
OTI QUANTUM 4 VINTAGE ANTIQUE TELESCOPE | MAKSUTOV CASSEGRAIN + CASE ACCESSORIES:
Welcome: Resellers, Bulk Buyers, and Experts!
TEST RESULTS:UNTESTED, SOLD AS-IS, FOR RESTORATION
This beautiful telescope was found at an estate sale. It was very well stored and is a brilliant example of telescope history.
This item is UNRESTORED but in great condition overall!We are not telescope experts, so we will do our best to honestly advertise this item. Feel free to ask us any questions and we will do our best to answer them.
See more details below.
Manifest, all testing procedures, and warranty terms below, before purchasing.Specifications & Full Manifest:
For sale is an extremely rare telescope!
Only 645 of these Quantum 4 telescopes were ever produced!SERIAL NUMBER: GI102469-CThis telescope was invented to compete with the infamous and expensive Questar 3.5 telescope.The Quantum 4 was designed in the 1970s to be one of the first commercially-produced, portable, to the high costs of production, OpticalTechniques, Inc shut down its operations prematurely in 1980, even though consumersloved their product.Grab this unique piece of history today before it'sgoneforever!It was truly a revolutionary piece of telescopic history!
ORIGINAL SALE PRICE:
$1,395 IN 1976 DOLLARS!
(OVER $6,000 ADJUSTED FOR INFLATION, TODAY)THIS TELESCOPE IS SOLD WITH THE FOLLOWING ACCESSORIES:- Quantum 4 Telescope
- Original stand (belt seems to be functional)
- Porro Prism (Super clean optics)
- Photo Adapter- Original Wooden Case (slightly worn) with great quality foam
- Power cable is NOT includedPHYSICAL CONDITION:Telescope Exterior: 8/10
This telescopehas been properly stored and is in great overall physical condition. The paint is almost flawless, while the bare metal pieces are in need of a polishing (has not been done). This could easily be restored to truly flawless condition with minimal work on the exterior of the telescope's chassis/stand. Clearly it was very well cared for in its life.Telescope Optics: ?/10
The optics do need a cleaning at a minimum - we do not know what "good optics" really look like.
The exterior of the large, top optical piece is dirty from someone who attempted to clean the telescope with a lint rag.We chose not to attempt to clean them, as we do not want to scratch thelenses.The interior optics look to be in good condition, with no evidence of scratching or corrosion, but we recommend that you look closely at the photos of this listings to determine optical condition.
Case Exterior: 7/10
The case has some scratches/small amounts of pain on the exterior (see photos). It also imprecisely lines up when closed, but the locks do latch tightly and securely.
ADDITIONAL LINKS:There is an amazing amount of information on the history of this telescope of Optical Techniques, Inc ARE PROFESSIONAL SHIPPERS!
This telescope and accessories will be individually bubble-wrapped, securely stored in its case, then its case will be packed with plenty of padding, in a brand new box. This is an expensive, time-consuming process. We do this so that our customers receive items without damage. We would not let this item ship unless we felt comfortable shipping it. This item will ship with full insurance for the purchase price.Terms and Conditions
Physical Condition Ratings:
New & unusedcondition.
Very little signs of use. As good as it gets for used
Greatcondition.Similar to grade A, but with very minor
imperfection(s) resulting in a near-perfect grade.
a used computer. Small/shallow exterior scratches possible. Very light, if any, wear patterns
on keyboards. Minimal, if any, minor paint blemishes or fading.
for a used computer. Small/shallow exteriorscratches, paint blemishes or fading. Light wear
patterns on keyboards. LCD panel may have
very minor blemishes and/or a few light scratches.
Slightly more wear than average grade computers. Moderate exterior scratches
or blemishes or fading may exist. Keyboards are more likely to show moderate to heavy
wear. LCD panel may have minor blemishes and/or few scratches.
Heavily Worn or Physically Damagedcondition. Heavy scratches and/or case
damages, dents, fractures, or chips. LCD panel may have blemishes or
scratches. This grade is more likely a result of physical abuse or excessive
wear. Unique damages are likely to be noted in description.
If applicable, more notes will be included in manifests to help buyers understand why the item received its grade.Shipping:
- We spare no expense for your package!
- All items are carefully packaged to ensure successful delivery.
- Local pickup is not offered.
- Delivery address must match the buyer's confirmed PayPal address.
- We will not ship wholesale lots outside of the United States.
- PayPal, Visa, MasterCard, American Express accepted.
- As per policy, payments are required within 4 business days from the date of an sale's end.
- Colorado residents must pay appropriate sales taxes.
- Our surplus goods are targeted to IT expertsand people with advanced computer hardware and software skills. If you are not comfortable with building/repairing computers, please do not purchase.
- We do not provide technical support as our products are surplus priced and targeted for IT technicians.
- Our cosmetic condition scaleis an opinion based on our professional perceptions and may differ from your opinion.Please refer to the photos before offerding.
- Batteries are a consumable productand will not be guaranteed to hold specific charge times.
- Please do not assume that a part is includedunless it is in the photos AND it is noted.Feel free to ask us.
- Most laptops develop play in the hinges after years of use. If hinge play is more excessive than average movement for a computer/model of the same age, we will note it.
For a full list of our terms, conditions, and detailed testing procedures, please visit:2ndCE.com/terms
- Before you buy,be sure to askus any questions. We are happy to help!
- Use the "Contact Seller" link at the top of this listing. (Responses within 48 hours)
- We are available by e-mail or phone. However, we cannot provide this contact information due to policy. We recommend that you find our website for additional support.
- A quick google search for "2nd Chance Electronics" will also help you connect with us.
Regular business hours:
Monday - Friday
9am-4pm MSTWholesale Buyers:Please take a minute to register for our inventory mailing list.
Learn more about our products and sign-up here:2ndCE.com/Reseller